The External Affairs team main responsibility is communicating directly with the Alabama state government, as well as the federal government, on behalf of the University and Student Government Association. External Affairs also maintains leadership of Lobby Board, a group of students that lobby to the state legislature for higher education funding. The goals of this team are primarily to act as a bridge between SGA and government by communicating the needs and priorities of the student body to both the state and federal governments.
Auburn University’s Student Lobby Board is tasked with advocating for positive change at Auburn University, promoting governmental relations with local, state and federal representatives, and coming together to better educate each other on the issues facing our city, state and nation today.
Our goals for the upcoming year are to get more feedback from students on issues they face at Auburn and changes they wish to see made, build strong relationships with our representatives, and better engage and educate the student body on how these issues affect them personally.
Responsibilities for Lobby Board include:
- Constant communication with elected officials
- Researching policies and educating Lobby Board and the entire student body on how these issues affect them
- Supporting External Affairs throughout the year with any events such as Capitol on the Plains, Voter registration drives, etc.
- Attend and recruit for Higher Education Day
- Participate in all Lobby Days
Last modified: September 18, 2020